Workforce of the Future
As California works to build a stronger, more resilient economy, we must prepare workers for the jobs of the future.
It is imperative that we strengthen employer connections with local educators and community-based training organizations to build candidate capacity here in the Bay Area. The Bay Area Council’s Workforce of the Future Committee runs programs that improve income outcomes for diverse workers in the region. The Council scales innovative training programs such as tech apprenticeships, online education, and on-the-job training to connect employers with local talent and build new opportunities for the region’s future workforce.
Michael Bernick, Special Counsel, Duane Morris LLP; Research Fellow in Employment, The Milken Institute; Senior Fellow, The Burning Glass Institute
Patti Castro, Consultant for the California Workforce Association (CWA); Teaches Business Engagement and Sector Strategies for the Workforce Development Apprenticeship Program at Cal State University Sacramento
- Scale employer adoption of apprenticeships
- Leverage the expertise of workforce consultants Mike Bernick and Patti Castro to facilitate education around the benefits of apprenticeships and develop a resource hub to clarify available funding and services
- Expand programs that connect diverse students with employers, grow access to work-based learning opportunities that lead to full-time employment
- Provide a community of practice for those directly working to create inclusive and equitable work-places
- Advocate for policies which create opportunities for marginalized communities
Workforce of the Future Committee: Committee meetings are open to all members. For more information contact Senior Vice President Matt Regan at firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our upcoming events calendar here.
Join the Northern California Apprentice Network (NCAN): To learn more about the Network and find ways to develop an apprenticeship program at your company, join us here>>
Develop new training programs and partnerships to meet your demands. The Council works with workforce training partners across the region to build programs that meet members needs and connect job seekers with our member employer. To learn more, again please email Matt Regan at email@example.com.
Workforce of the Future Committee Leadership
Neal Rosenblum, Senior Director, Head of Tech Talent Acquisition, PayPal
Shulagna Dasgupta, Managing Director, Talent & Human Potential, Accenture
Bay Area Community College Consortium
San Francisco’s Office of Economic and Workforce Development
Silicon Valley Leadership Group