The Bay Area Council has been active in the global business arena for many years, primarily through its China Committee. Council-led delegations have traveled to China and India, and senior business and government leaders from overseas visit the Council on a regular basis as they look to build relationships in the region. The Economic Institute’s global reports are widely read in the Bay Area, nationally, and around the world. The Global Business and Investment Committee will build on this base to strengthen the Council’s voice on global issues and identify new opportunities for its members. The development of sub-groups within the broader membership to focus on specific geographies such as China, India, the Western Hemisphere and Europe will be encouraged. We welcome your leadership.
The Committee will offer a menu of opportunities to engage, including meetings with visiting business and government delegations and with trade and policy experts. Members’ input will help to inform the Council’s policy positions issues and Economic Institute reports and initiatives.
- Convene regular meetings with Bay Area-based consuls general.
- Host annual networking-focused events, including the 14th Annual Spring Festival Celebration and the 2nd Annual BAC-GACC Oktoberfest.
- Host visiting government officials and business leaders for discussions on the region’s economy, business opportunities, and global issues affecting the region.
- Organize events featuring subject matter experts on countries and issues important to the region.
- Lead up to four international delegations.
- Participate in China International Import Expo California Pavilion in Shanghai.
- Attract global partners to co-locate with the Council on the Klamath.
- Co-host China Night at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas.
Global Business & Investment Committee Co-Chairs
Harshul Asnani, President of Global Technology, Tech Mahindra Americas
Florence Fang, Chairwoman, Florence Fang Family Foundation
Dean Fealk, Partner, DLA Piper
Travis Kiyota, SVP, Head of Global Corporate Affairs, East West Bank
Kevin Xu, CEO, MEBO International
The Global Business and Investment Committee will engage Council members on key global issues and business opportunities. We encourage your participation and invite you to join here. For additional information please contact Sean Randolph (email@example.com) or Alex Foard (firstname.lastname@example.org) and check out our upcoming events.