The Bay Area Council is a business-sponsored, public policy and advocacy organization for the nine-county Bay Area. It is a nonprofit organization supported by more than 325 member companies representing the top employers in the Bay Area. The Council proactively advocates for a strong economy, a vital business environment, and a better quality of life for everyone who lives in the Bay Area.
In a recent anonymous employee survey, colleagues said they like working at the Council because of:
- “The people, love that we are a noble cause organization, am so proud of the work we do, love our members, our ability to help the region. I really like the BAC culture, friendliness, humor and fun in the workplace.”
- “Being allowed to bring who I am as a person to my role and performance as a BAC employee.”
- “Challenges, latitude to innovate, ability to manage my time and goals fairly independently, great friends and team members.”
- “Many really smart people to work around all willing to do whatever is necessary to get things done”
- “The BAC has an awesome mission, and an ability to rally together to achieve lofty goals. The staff feels like a family”
We engage business and civic-minded leaders to solve the most challenging regional issues to ensure the Bay Area is the most innovative, sustainable, inclusive and globally competitive place in the world.
The Bay Area Council is looking for a graduate level intern for a six-month commitment to strategize and help develop policy that will assist schools, businesses, restaurants, non-profits, etc. return to transit and full operations when safe. The intern will engage with Council members as well as stakeholders across all nine counties and high-level decision makers in government. The intern will have the opportunity to attend Council events and policy committee meetings to see first-hand how the Council and its business leaders engage with stakeholder groups in shaping the future of public policy in the region. The internship is unpaid; however, academic credit will be offered. Please submit a cover letter, resume and a couple writing samples to Research Analyst Isabel Monteleone.