The Bay Area Council has helped more than 40 companies register new enterprises into China and attract foreign investment for Bay Area companies. In addition, we have surfaced more than $2 billion of investment into the Bay Area.
Our offices in, Shanghai, Nanjing, and Hangzhou provide the following key services to facilitate cross border investment and expansion:
- Introductions to key government officials and business leaders
- Business development and introduction to potential stakeholders and customers
- Negotiation of special policies and benefits
- Translation of marketing materials, business cards and presentations
- Planned logistics for trips, delegations and one-on-one meetings in China and California
- Translation services during negotiation, introductions and meetings
- Preparation of required registration documents
- Tracking registration documents through the government processes to ensure timely results
- Site selection for new enterprises
- Coaching on business etiquette and customs
Andrew Giacomini, Managing Partner, Hanson Bridgett LLP
Lilly Chung, Partner and West Region Chinese Services Group Leader, Deloitte
The China Initiative has four goals:
1. Bridge the gap for small, medium and large San Francisco/Silicon Valley Bay Area companies that wish to access Chinese markets.
2. Build awareness and connection for businesses in Yangpu, Hangzhou, Nanjing, and Beijing.
3. Nurture strong relationships with district governments that grow the business ties between China and the San Francisco/Silicon Valley Bay Area.
4. Serve as a complimentary adjunct of other efforts from the Bay Area to facilitate Chinese expansion and investment into the Bay Area and California.