Located in northeastern Shanghai, Yangpu District is one of the city’s largest urban centers in terms of both area and population. This District was one of the first districts in China selected to participate in a national program to develop innovation hubs within urban areas. At the forefront of China’s development model in its 12th Five-Year Plan, this initiative focuses on establishing Yangpu as a base of innovation in the knowledge-based service and high-tech sectors and has already propelled the district to become one of China’s most dynamic engines of growth. With multinational companies such as IBM, Nike, VMware, EMC, Silicon Valley Bank and Oracle operating in Yangpu, the district registered a regional GDP of CNY 158 billion (US$ 24.31 billion) in 2015.
Today’s Yangpu has established a comprehensive eco-system that combines business oriented government policies with access to high-caliber talent and world-class research institutions. It is home to 80,000 startups and 240,000 college students. These elements foster the development of innovative industries from venture investments and design to high-tech R&D and production, and will further transform the district into a major hub for modernization, technological advancement and more.
- BAC Headquarters – The Bay Area Council has a fully staffed office in Yangpu to help companies expand into the region and access business and provide business and government relations for accessing the markets.
- Supportive government services – The Yangpu District government has a proven track record of implementing administrative policies that foster growth and investment
- A wealth of human resources – Due to the commitment to developing its student body in the innovation and high-tech sectors, the district has attracted a large population of top-tier talent and more than 240,000 college students. Yangpu District has 14 world-class universities, led by Fudan University and Tongji University which are committed to the development of their 240,000 strong student body as leaders in innovation in the knowledge-based service and high-tech sectors.
- An innovative environment – Yangpu is home to the most scientific and technological incubators in Shanghai, as well as the greatest number of high-tech companies in the city. It has 5 national university high-tech parks, 14 non-university high-tech parks and numerous national labs & research institutions.
- Geographical advantages – As Shanghai’s largest downtown urban center in terms of both area and population, the Yangpu District is in close proximity to Shanghai’s major transport hubs.
- Comfortable lifestyle – The Yangpu District is committed to meeting the everyday needs of international business personnel.