UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who tuned in and participated in our public pension forum yesterday. Check out the links below for video and photos from the event.
With tensions flaring all across the country over public pensions, tomorrow, March 9th at 8:45 a.m., the Bay Area Council will bring together a panel of California’s leading voices from both sides of the spectrum for an open, honest, and frank discussion on the current state of California’s public pension system. With the cast of speakers we’ve assembled, we know the sparks will fly.
- Jeff Adachi, San Francisco Public Defender
- Bob Foster, Mayor of Long Beach
- Marcia Fritz, President of the California Foundation for Fiscal Responsibility
- Dave Low, Chair of Californians for Health Care and Retirement Security
- Joe Nation, Stanford Professor and former State Assemblymember
- Harvey Robinson, President of the Retired Public Employees Association of California
- Corey Cook, Professor of Political Science and Director of the Leo T. McCarthy Center for Public Service and the Common Good, University of San Francisco
We invite you to watch the event streaming live at www.ustream.tv/bayareacouncil. You will have the opportunity to participate in this candid discussion by tweeting questions via Twitter during the forum, using the hashtag #BACpension. For those interested in hearing just the audio of the forum, a conference call number is available upon request. We hope you will tune in online tomorrow morning!