Leading the California Delegation to CEM8
On June 1 & 2, 2016, the United States hosted the seventh Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM7) in San Francisco, California. The Clean Energy Ministerial was the follow-up meeting to the COP21 U.N. Convention of Parties climate change talks last December in Paris. The participating energy ministries included Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, the European Commission, Finland, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Korea, Mexico, Norway, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, the United Arab Emirates, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
CEM7 brought the global energy policymakers together with visionaries from the business and investment communities and other clean energy experts to drive real-world action. In addition to ministerial working sessions and public-private roundtable discussions, CEM7 featured a clean energy action day with opportunities for the energy ministers and business leaders to highlight ambitious clean energy efforts and announce new actions to help achieve national and global clean energy goals. A two-day tented technology exhibit in San Francisco’s Union Square showcased clean energy technologies and innovative business models driving clean energy deployment around the world.
This year, the event moves to China and the BAC has been asked to organize a delegation of California’s leading companies and elected officials to the CEM8 gathering on June 6-9, 2017 in Beijing. We invite you to join us.
In addition to working sessions for energy ministers and other high-level policymakers, CEM8 will feature:
- A public–private action summit with keynote speakers;
- Thematic panel discussions;
- Opportunities for high-profile announcements of ambitious clean energy efforts;
- A two-day technology exhibition demonstrating breakthrough clean energy technologies, products, and business models;
- An Innovation Theater showcasing potentially game-changing clean energy innovations and inspirations;
- Invitation-only roundtable discussions with ministers, business leaders, and other clean energy experts, as well as a series of side events, forums, and workshops.
Furthermore, participants of the Bay Area Council delegation will attend valuable side-meetings for exploring and capturing high-impact opportunities. Accommodation in a 5-star hotel and meals will be provided for.
For more information about the event, please visit the CEM8 website here.
To receive updates on the California delegation, join our CEM8 emailing list or contact Laurent Arribe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
[pardot-form id="17755" title="CEM8_More info"]