We are business leaders committed to working with public and civic leaders to make the Bay Area the most innovative, globally competitive, and sustainable region in the world.
What we do
We improve the competitiveness and vitality of the Bay Area region by:
• Informing and mobilizing business, civic, and political leaders on the most critical issues and opportunities facing the region.
• Developing solutions for an ambitious vision for the region’s future with participation of business, government, labor, science and education.
• Achieving results through advocacy and committed leadership to realize this vision.
How we do what we do
To meet this commitment, we:
1. Identify the most critical challenges and opportunities confronting the region.
2. Conduct respected research and analysis that sets the agenda for major policy initiatives.
3. Promote understanding and collaboration among leaders of affected stakeholders.
4. Drive implementation of strategic policy solutions through political, business, and civic leadership.
Why what we do matters
Our members gain:
• Significant clout -- through involvement of critical mass of top business leaders.
• Collective action – on issues that matter to their company.
• Direct access -- to top federal, state, and regional political leaders and stakeholder groups.
• Valuable connections -- to the influential business and civic leaders in the region and the world.
• Credibility -- through well researched, fact-based positions and policy recommendations.
• Regional policy expertise – through internal experts, external networks, and partner organizations.
• Execution ability – an organization with a proven ability to get results and achieve needed policy outcomes.